A Category 2 Global Business Licence Company allows for:
• one shareholder, one director company;
• corporate directors;
• par value and no-par value shares;
• multicurrency share capital;
• highly attractive incorporation and maintenance fees;
• other various features of modern company law;
• hybrid companies which is a type of body corporate with limited liability having partnership characteristics.
A Category 2 Global Business Licence Company may not:
• raise capital by means of a public offer;
• carry on dealings in Mauritian Rupees;
• carry on any banking, insurance or reinsurance business;
• own any interest in real property in Mauritius;
• carry on the business of holding or managing a collective investment fund as a professional functionary;
• take advantage of DTA benefits or operate in the Freeport Zone;
• carry on the business of providing the registered office or nominee services for companies or trusteeship services.
Registered Agents and Registered Office
A Category 2 Global Business Licence Company must at all times have a Registered Office and a Registered Agent in Mauritius.
The Registered Agent must be a management company licensed under Section 23 of the Financial Services Act, 2007 or an offshore bank in Mauritius.
Category 2 Global Business Licence Companies are not liable to tax in Mauritius and are not subject to any form of exchange control.
Subject to the requirements of the Companies Act, 2001, any person may singly or jointly with others, by subscribing to the Constitution incorporate a private company and apply for a Category 2 Global Business License under the provisions of the Financial Services Act 2007.
One of the subscribers, however, should be the Registered Agent.
The function of a Registered Agent is normally fulfilled by a licensed Management Company.